Saturday, April 4, 2009

Toffee Chip Cookies


So another item that I am blogging post mortem (they are all gone) are some Toffee Chip Cookies. These, like the coffee cookies from the last post, called for refrigeration and slicing (which again I did not do!) but they seemed to work out with the mooshing method better than the coffee cookies. They were sweet and satisfying and a little crisper than typical drop cookie comes out. I made these with my sister Dayna and we ended up frosting some of them, ok, MOST of them, with a browned butter frosting that made them SUPER sweet but irresistible nonetheless. These were going to get a sprinkling of pecans, but they left the cooling rack at about the same rate they went on so the pecans never happened.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, browned butter frosting, that sounds both delicious and dangerously irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I would eat about three of those cookies at a time. They were wonderful. I am still startled that the recipe stated it would yield 80 cookies. Imagine how thin and crispy they would have been if we actually followed the directions!

    ReplyDelete