Friday, July 13, 2012

Fudge Ecstasies

I have made another batch of cookies. There is a trend here and I will let you in on the secret. I have decided to bake every cookie out of my favorite cookie book, the Better Homes and Gardens Ulimate Cookie Book. I've started at the beginning with the Pumpkin Pecan cookies and although I have already baked a number of the other cookies before I am going to (try) baking straight through from cover to cover. So these are the second cookies in the book, Fudge Ecstasies. Since I am planning on making all of the recipes in the book I no longer feel comfortable posting the full recipes, but whenever possible I will link to the BH and G site that HAS the recipes (although you may have to sign up for free to actually get them). Otherwise, I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the book. If you can find it spiral bound buy that one. I have used mine so much it is coming apart at the seams.

Fudge Ecstasies

These are pretty much exactly what the name implies.  More chocolate than you can shake a stick at! While warm these cookies were pretty much just like eating a ball of melty chocolate with a non-melty exterior. Once cooled they were like fudgey little brownie cookies.  I sometimes don't like the over-the-top chocolatey chocolate desserts, but the use of a portion of unsweetened chocolate in these made them rich and intensely cocoa flavored while still leaving me wanting more after I was done (for better or worse!). While they did not have the chewy texture all my very favorite cookies have, I found them to have much more substance than the Pumpkin Pecan cookies.  All in all a make-again cookie!

1 comment:

  1. very yummy, especially hot out of the oven. We will bake them ourselves to taste when served at room temperature, as that is the way I prefer my cookies. So I would definitely recommend these cookies.

    ReplyDelete